Signs It’s Time to Upgrade your Heating Unit
Atlanta, GA – Short of your heating unit just giving up on you, are there ways you can tell when it might be time to upgrade? Don’t be left out in the cold – look for these signs described by the experts at Atlanta Heating and Air Conditioning.
- The age of your unit – If your unit is on the older side, it is probably a good time to look at upgrading to a new system. For homes with heat pumps, you may want an upgrade around year 10. Furnaces or boilers should be replaced after 15 years.
- Energy bills on the rise – If you’ve noticed a steady increase in your utility bills, it may be because your unit is no longer efficiently heating your home.
- Repair central – Does it seem like you’re always having to make a repair to your unit? If so, it may be time to compare the cost of repairs against the cost (and benefits) of replacing your unit with a new one.
- Shake, rattle and roll – Are you noticing louder noises when your unit is running? If your unit is getting noisier, it’s a sign it may be time to look for a new unit.
- Poor performance – If your home never seems to be at a comfortable temperature, it could be to a unit that is performing poorly, as well as issues with your ductwork. If you have some rooms in your house that are too hot or too cold, it could be due to your unit not working properly, inadequate insulation, or duct problems.
- Good selling point – If you have an older unit and plan to sell your home soon, a new heating and cooling unit can be a good incentive to a potential buyer.
- Too dusty – Does your home have a lot of dust? Leaky ducts could be pulling dust from other areas of your home and distributing it around the house.
- Air isn’t balanced – A unit that isn’t functioning properly can create a lack of humidity in your home, creating a drier environment in the winter months.
There are many benefits to installing a new, properly functioning heating unit in your home. Along with a new unit, consider a programmable thermostat, as well, to provide you with complete control over the comfort of your home.
If you’re ready to learn more about what a new unit can do for you, call Atlanta Heating and Air Conditioning today at 404-942-9779.