Don’t Let Your Indoor Air Quality Suffer This Winter
Alpharetta, GA – The new year is almost here, and that means colder temperatures are here to stay for a while. Your family will be huddled in your warm home more over the coming months, so it’s important that you make sure that air you are breathing in is as fresh as possible.
Phil Montgomery of Atlanta Heating and Air Conditioning offers some tips on how to keep your indoor air quality from suffering this winter.
- Clean your system and vents. Your vents inevitably get dusty over time, so to keep that dust from re-circulating around your home, make sure you clean the vents. You can use your vacuum cleaner to make it easier.
- Clean your ceiling fans. It takes no time for our ceiling fans to get dusty, when they are on, they can just send that dust right back into the air we are breathing. Did you know you can also switch the direction of your ceiling fans to create what we call an updraft? This will help the warm air circulate through the house better.
- Have your ducts professionally cleaned. When was the last time you had your ducts cleaned? Think about all of the dust and allergens that you don’t see – they end up somewhere, and that’s most likely in your ducts. The specialists at Atlanta Heating and Air Conditioning will have special disinfectants and vacuums to remove those irritants and ensure only clean air is circulating in your ducts.
- Replace your filters. Because all of us, including our pets, spend more time inside during the winter months, don’t forget to change your filters. The more time you spend indoors, the faster your filters fill up.
- Eliminate pollutants. Use household cleaners free of harsh chemicals, don’t smoke in your home, and remove any other pollutants from the home.
- Use a humidifier. The air in your home may feel drier in the winter months, but humidifier can help the air in your home feel dresher and cleaner.
- Don’t let the dust settle. During the winter, it’s more important than ever to keep your home dust free. Removing the dust regularly will go a long way to improving the air quality.
- Add some greenery. There are many houseplants that can help improve the air quality in your home. Consider adding some plants to your home this winter.
Following these tips can help ensure everyone in your home is breathing in fresh air all winter long. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment for professional duct cleaning or other HVAC work this winter, call the experts at Atlanta Heating and Air Conditioning at 404-942-9779.